Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Buddhist Benefits

In this wonderful practice you receive conspicuous and inconspicuous benefits. Of course it is important that you do your part in exerting yourself in faith, practice and study and also take action to move yourself further along in achieving your goals.

Those goals and determinations can be lofty or simple or a combination of both. Most recently I have been determined to have an active and happy life in Chicago that includes fun, friends and feelings of connection to people and places. I am also determined to have financial freedom to be able to have this active life and still plan for my future.

The past couple of days have brought me the conspicuous benefits of this practice. My couple of outings with friends were fantastic as we found deals on dining and wine. I was able to have a friend visit and prepare a dinner and wine with things I had in the place. We had the fun and I felt connected.  A benefit that occurred that I was not expecting was winning a basket of products from a raffle at the Aveda store which is a financial gain that I can use in my next activity vs buying products I use daily.  I was invited to join a book club that provides me the activity and connections to like minded people.  These benefits were what I had chanted for and asked for and because they can be seen are the conspicuous type.

The inconspicuous benefits I received were those that helped me along in my determination to be a better person and overcoming my negative tendency to find fault with myself or/and doubt my ability to be important to others. Amazingly the two women I hung out with the past two days showed me and let me know that I have made a difference in their lives and that the Regina I am is a good Regina  to be. The inconspicuous benefit of self acceptance and unconditional friendship were so valuable to me.

I continue to chant for wisdom and guidance on where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to do at this phase in my life but the wonderful experiences and benefits I am receiving are indicators that I am connected to the universe and I am bringing out my Buddha nature for myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment