Sunday, July 19, 2015

Shining in my own light

As I sat here chanting this morning it became clear to me how much this practice has changed me over the past 5 years. And I struggled with the right word to use as it may not be so much as changed but helped me to allow the real Regina to show. And I am still learning to let her shine in with her own colors of brilliance not those defined by someone else.

I have had small victory after small victory while chanting and trying to share this practice with others. Today as I chanted, like everyday, for the wisdom, courage and determination to create a life of absolute happiness it occurred to me that I am doing exactly that. Every day it can look different but every day I know that i am connected to all things in the universe and that the life and day I have created is the life and I, Regina, have created.

I am shining. Some days like a diamond, some days like petals of lily, some days like rain drop on the patio floor......but, I am always shining. And I am so thankful for knowing that because of this Buddhist practice every day I in complete rhythm and control to let MY brilliance shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment