Thursday, July 2, 2015

Wisdom is subtle and obvious

I have been chanting for wisdom to know what I need to change in myself to be in harmony with the universe that would ultimately lead me to the happiness I seek for myself and others.  This morning when I looked outside at my patio, I noticed that the two flower boxes that I bought at the same time from the same place and have taken care of in the same way have bloomed and grown differently. 

Not sure why, but I made some wonderful connections to my personal life and situation.  I thought of my sisters who are so different from me but we have the same mother and the same father so share the same genes.  I thought of my own children who have the same genetic makeup and were loved with all the love available; who were instilled the same values and wishes for happiness and yet are so different and unique in their own way. 

What I came to realize was that while we tend to think that how we see things and intend things to be alike, that we have no control over some of the subtleties that really impact the outcomes.  Not everything is in our control and we need to appreciate that fact and the differences that arise from this are part of the intentions of the universe.

As I look at my flower boxes,  one has more flowers and color while the other has the variegated green plant being the predominant view.  Each looks great on its own. 

What wisdom came to me today was that I would not change me, my sisters or my children for anything.  We (all of us) have grown into human beings that are unique and special in our own right.  While I may have thought that someone would grow into this type of person or exhibit this type of quality I could not imagine anyone being someone other than who they are.  Even with the same genes and raised with the same values and expectations, we somehow become our own unique selves.  Some of us have flowers and some have variations of color.  How wonderful.

I am sure that I intrinsically have known this and even have appreciated this.  But looking out on my patio this morning I felt that I had a different understanding and appreciation on the person I have become and a realization that my children have blossomed, as they should and could, into unique individuals while being raised with similar love and values.

My determination is to celebrate our uniqueness and not question why we are so different.  

No comments:

Post a Comment